1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I love Alpaca and Debbie Bliss yarns, hand painted yarns like (Socks that Rock, ArtYarns supermerino, & Malabrigo) I hate anything scratchy. Most 100% wool items like Lopi yarns are way tooo itchy. Merino is usually okay.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have a plastic pencil box I got at Office Depot.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I taught myself with a bit of help from a few kind LYS employees in June of 06. I consider myself a very adventurous beginner.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Yes. It's under my regular email address; firstname.lastname@example.org If you decide to buy a book from it, I am not into new books. I love used books. Infact, I prefer them. I hate to think of things being discarded when they may have few blemishes.
5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.) I love Crabtree and Evelynn Savannah Garden, lavender, vanilla. Just about anything from Lush
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? I like chocolate.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I quilt. I would love to learn how to spin. I plan on getting a drop spindle and try to teach myself sometime by the end of the year.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
Depeche Mode, Sarah Mclachlan, Dixie Chicks, 3 Tenors, Pearl Jam, Sting, James Blunt, Dave Matthews, Annie Lennox, Avril Levinge, just about anything 80's, Bob Marley, Creed, Cyndi Lauper, Enrique Iglesias, Santana, Jonny Cash, Fleetwood Mac, Genesis, Herbie Hancock, John Mayer, Inxs, Jewel, Lenny Kravitz, Niel Young, No Doubt, Norah Jones, Patsy Cline, Paula Cole, Pet Shop Boys, Queen, Rem, Ray Charles, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Robert Palmer, Seal,Sheryl Crow, The Cars, Tina Turner,U2.. uhm, I think that covers about 50% of my MP3 player. I have a Creative Zen Xtra 30gb player.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
Blue/Greens(celery - light greens)/ Burgundy/ Rose. I hate dayglo floresent colors. I'm not into stark contrasts like black & white. Tonal variations are great. I'm really into salmon/pink/tan combos or blue/green/purple right now.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
Married to Lyle and I have 3 cats. Kiki, L'il Bitty and Simon
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? Yes, to all.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? hats
13. What are you knitting right now? Hat, scarf, poncho, baby sweater, another felted bag
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Yes!
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? Circular/double pointed bamboo? I use circular and Dps, single points are bad.... I currently use mostly bamboo but am interested in metal.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? No.
17. How old is your oldest UFO? uhm, about 1 month.
18. What is your favorite holiday? Dunno, they're all fun! The 4th of July is near the bottom of the list and Thanksgiving/Easter is near the top... if only because of the typical color combinations are great!
19. Is there anything that you collect? YARN and Amy Butler fabric.
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I do not have any knitting books! I actually just use our local library. They've got just about every new title I could want. I really like, scarfstyle/wrapstyle, any of the barbra walker stitch dictionaries
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? I have a pretty standard size 9.5 womens foot. My heel is a bit narrow but that shouldn't matter with socks.
23. When is your birthday? (mm/dd) July 30th