Sunday, March 23, 2008

My new toy: Nikon D40

I decided in a slightly rash moment to purchase this camera. I had been looking for one to purchase for our trip to Yellowstone in June and was going between this one and another.

It's on its way from Ritzcamera.com. I was amazed just how quickly they had the box packed and shipped. We're talking very speedy.. like 6 hours total! The price was right and there is a 50.00 coupon that will be emailed for my next purchase. I'll probably use it on the zoom lens I also want to buy.

My new baby.... the Nikon D40 . I'm also going to purchase this lens 55-200mm Nikon vibration reduction and maybe this one too. Definitely the first one for our trip and the other for my own basic use.

Yellowstone planning is under way. We haven't decided on if we're going to stop at Mountain Colors on the way there or the way back. I voted for the way there.. It's like 7 hours from Seattle. If we get there on a Thursday we can watch them dying, however if we do not arrive until Friday then we can only buy yarn from their shop. Either way I'm happy to be going.

I know we'll be doing at least 1 horse back tour and one maybe two motor tours. We'll be in the part for 8 days so we'll have plenty of time to futz around. There is even a wildlife photographers guided tour that I'm very keen on attending.

On the knitting front, I've got just the heel to kitchener on my SOTR chickabiddy socks. I also finished Lyles Crown Mt hat too. Pictures to follow later.

tata...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nikon is not a bad brand, but since the metering system is made by Sony, you are buying a Sony. My choice would be a Canon. From personal experience Nikon has lots of problem with the electronic parts. My Nikons didn't last longer than a year, but I travela lot and used them heavily.