Friday, August 29, 2008

Bedrooms and stuff -really a post written 3-25-08

Pretend its really March 25th.

Sleeping… that's what most people use their bedrooms for.

What a waste of space. Last night when I was rearranging and moving around furniture in our 2ND bedroom/office/craft room. Lyle came in and said that he had this wacky idea of moving our queen sized bed into the tiny 2ND bedroom and turning our bedroom into the computer-craft room. At first this idea seemed rather strange. However, upon thinking about it a bit more, it makes a lot of sense. We rarely ever spend time in the bedroom unless we're sleeping or getting read to go to sleep etc. We do have a 2ND TV in there, but use it perhaps 1-2 times a month.

So, here's the plan for the warmer months of the year. We'll move our bed into the smaller room and get a bracket to hold our TV near the ceiling and get two small end tables. We will remove the door to the closet in that room and use a curtain to cover the opening. This gives us another 2ish feet of wall space if we don't have to worry about that door. I think I may paint it a nice periwinkle blue. I'm sort of feeling a bit shabby chic meets Heather Bailey. Check out her site, I have yet to purchase any of her fabric, however, I do love her photo's and her decorating. While I'm at it, I think I'll add crown moulding too. He he he, Lyle doesn't know what he got himself into with this!

The new craft room: All of our clothes will stay in the larger room as it has a very large closet and the space for a dresser. The new craft room will be set up with a table that I can use to sew/cut fabric on and have my knitting machine out and ready to go. We'll install shelving and paint it.

*Update- 8.29.08 - we've moved the bed and small side tables into the small room and I just love it. We haven't pained or added anything. There really isn't the room for anything else. I still hope to add moulding and a new paint color. *

No comments: