Thursday, September 13, 2007

Pioneer Ponco is done!

I was able to finish it at work today. All that's left is sewing in a few ends and washing. I can't wait to wear it! We're nearly cool enough for me to wear it when no one would look at me funny. It's a great length too, I'm able to still be efficient at work while looking very cool at the same time! I also plan to use the left over yarn, about 2/3 a skein to make fingerless gloves to match. If I don't have enough to make them, I'll use what I have as the edging and use a solid color that coordinates for the rest.
Also in knitting news I've completed part 1 of the vesty item I was inspired by the gals at Blue Moon Fibers arts to make. I now have to pick up a section of knitting and work it in the 2x2 ribbing for the back piece. I noticed once I got into that either the skein was dyed in a funky way or my tension changed just enough to alter the appearance of the fabric. It went from having circle like patterns to a subtle zig zag appearance.



In other news.. knitting related that is.. I've been browsing some blogs and came across a very pretty cabled hat. It's from smariek.blogspot.com. It's the Karma Cap. I found it originally on another blog that I had happened upon after looking at the blog links on grumperina's blog.

I plan to make it in a very slightly variegated yarn. I'm hoping to find some medium/dark grey. Perhaps Malabrigo or Lorna's Lace worsted weight.

ta ta

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

can't wait to see pictures, the poncho sounds lovely. i just got something very fun for you on eBay :) hope you'll like it when you see it!

your SP11