Sunday, January 14, 2007

It's freaking cold here! I wasn't meant for 28 degree temps!





Okay, so it hasn't been 28 degrees the whole time, but I'm in Seattle of all places, near the water. We shouldn't have snow quite this long! Luckily I haven't had too difficult of a time getting work on our buses, but some people have! My mother in law wouldn't drive so we had to come pick her up and take her to work. The parking lot where she works is a complete mess. There is ice 2-3 inches thick in places and snow everywhere else and she lives just 30 minutes from us.

Due to the fridgedness I've made some "God Damned Leg warmers"! * Since it's so God Damned Cold here I thought the name was appropriate! I don't have any long underwear and do not plan on aquiring any so... I guess I need them! I was determined not to purchase any new yarn for them, so they're made from yarn I had on hand for other projects. They're made out of Lambs Pride in 3 or 4 shades, KnitPicks Wool of the Andes and some left over Noro. I deliberately didn't want them to match exactly. The same colors repeat in both, but in differing amounts. I find these colors especially appealing with all the white/grey we've got this time of year. I cast on 72 stitches using a size 8 16inch bamboo circular and knit them in an 2x2 rib the whole way down. I've got larger calves so they're roomy.. they can fit over my pants.

This weekend was also a Seahawk football game. Lyle and I drove down to a friends house to watch the game... it began at 10, and since we had to drive his mom to work, we left the house at 7:45. It was waaaaaaay too early for me. I've had a cold since 12-21 and usually don't wake up until 9:30 or 10. Thank God I wasn't expected to keep up a lively conversation. K2P2 ribbing and a few rows on my Glee sweater was all I was able to accomplish on the drive down. During the game however, I did spin some roving I dyed the night before, then I nearly passed out asleep.. okay that was probably due to the fact that I had 3 very large screwdrivers. Lyles buddy sure can make a mean mixed drink!

I also held myself back from buying yarn.. I know... *gasp* what a thought! I'm trying very hard to not purchase yarn just because it's "on sale". I have 3 sweaters that I want to make, not including the one I'm currently working on. No.. I've miscounted, really its 4. I have the yarn for 1 sweater already and the pattern purchased. It's Something Red from knit and tonic. I'll be using a light sage/grey color of yarn from Cascade - a wool cotton blend. I'll also be adding longer sleeves and enlarging the pattern a wee bit. Then there's the Asymmetrical Cardigan, Poppy and the Turbulence U-neck Pullover. That isn't too many is it? Poppy was the sweater I nearly purchased yarn for too. However, I needed 10 balls of Silk Garden and they only had 8.. what a bitch it would have been if I couldn't have found the other balls I needed!

All in all it has been a nice weekend. I don't really mind the weather, it's just fun to bitch about it! Here are the snapshots:

No comments: