Saturday, January 27, 2007

Mollys cabled hat finished and a trip to Madrona Fibers Arts Retreat 2007

I like most of how the hat turned out. As I fudged up in a few places and didn't want to frog it, I modified the pattern and completed it. It doesn't look as cute as it could, but for my first cable project is isn't half bad.Here are my newest stash acquisitions and a few photos of projects I'm making with the new yarn. The colorful balls are my stack of Mt Colors Bearfoot sock yarn mill ends. I was able to purchase them for 2.50 an oz from Linda’s Knit ‘N’ Stitch. The yarn is destined to be a wonderful shawl I found on display at the booth. I purchased enough yarn to possibly make two shawls. The pattern is free on the web.
The green -blue-brown ball to the left is Socks that Rock by Blue Moon Fiber Arts. The two in chocolate and pinks is from Angora Valley Fibers. The yarn I chose is called Monarch Sock yarn, sport weight.

This wonderful multi-colored yarn is also from Blue Moon Fiber Arts. It's called Twisted. I was able to purchase this yarn 560/8oz/skein for 28.00. I bought 3 of them. ** After further reviewing this yarn I believe its Henry's Attic Licorice Twist dyed by Blue Moon **. So far their website only shows two colorways available to purchase in this yarn. I hope to see more up there soon. They had 4 at the show. I had intended to make a sweater from the yarn, but came back to the booth and saw this wonderful vest. It was in a colorway not represented at the booth, but still very lovely. It's essentially 2 rectangles that are knit in 2x2 ribbing. One is the back panel and the other is shaped more like a scarf. Since they didn't have a pattern written up I've needed to make up my own. It's attached along 3 edges, leaving room for armholes. I'm currently 2/3 the way done with the back piece. I plan on adding some sort of edging to it. Perhaps a seed stitch or lacy pattern.



I had the best time at the show. I met many wonderful and friendly people. I have been inspired to make the Swallowtail shawl from the Fall '06 Interweave Knits. The gals, Rebecca & Peggy, I sat with had shawls on. Here's a link to a KAL for the shawl.

No comments: