I'm so excited! I should have my new match soon! Here's my questionaire. Feel free to email/comment with any additional questions.
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I really like merino and alpaca. I really don't like scratchy yarn. My neck is very very very sensitive.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have a blue plastic pencil case for some items and a black KnitPicks needlecase.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
About 2 years. I'm mostly self taught. I'd say I'm an adventurous beginner.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Yes. Amazon.com. It's linked on my blog.. On the sidebar.
5. What's your favorite scent?
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I sew/quilt and I have a drop spindle. I also enjoying gardening.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I own an MP3 player, 30GB.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
I really like browns, blues & magenta. I'm not too fond of neon yellow/green or neon orange. Fall oranges are okay though.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I'm married and have 3 cats.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Yes, to all three!
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I love to think about sweaters, but I find I knit more hats and fingerless gloves.
13. What are you knitting right now?
A red alpaca sweater, a ribbed vesty thingy based on an item I saw at the Blue Moon Fiber Arts booth, a baby hat and uhm.. I think that's it.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Yes, for sure!
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I only knot on dpns or circulars. I prefer my Options( KnitPicks) or bamboo (Clover)
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
No, and I really need both!
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
Erm, I've recently frogged several, so I really don't have much on the needles right now. Uhm, I think my Red Alpaca sweater, based on Glee from Zephyrstyle probably fits the bill. It's actually just about done.
18. What is your favorite holiday?
I don't really have one. My favorite time of year is either spring or fall.
19. Is there anything that you collect?
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I am currently subscribed to Interweave Knits. I have an Amazon wishlist with a ton of knitting, crochet, and needlework books on it. I'd really like to work some some Louet yarns. I'm not into "wild and crazy" artsy yarns. I'm a bit traditional I guess. I prefer less lumpy/bumby, and more uniform. Saying that, I really like Malabrigo.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
No, I really just learn as I go.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
I've tried to knit socks a few times. I even have sock needles and yarn. I haven't however, gotten past knitting a few inches of one before moving onto another project. I firmly believe that I will someday persevere and get a pair done…. Eventually.
23. When is your birthday?
24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?
No, I'm not. I've signed up for it but am waiting for the invite.